- Find Your Career at S&T
- Employee Handbook
- Total Rewards
- Employee Development
- Position Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Information Processing and Requests
- Office of Institutional Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Temporary Employee Acquisition
A temporary employee is someone who fills a temporary position, as defined below, and who is not enrolled as a student at any of the University of Missouri campuses.
Temporary employees can be hired for a maximum of 1,499 hours in any 12-month period or no more than nine continuous months at 75% or higher. Hours are considered for all positions, not by department only. UM retirees are limited to a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- The PeopleSoft eRecruit Hiring Manager Training Guides below will walk you through the process.
- eRecruit temporary job openings which have gone through all approvals and are received by human resources by noon on Monday will be posted on Wednesday at 12:01 a.m.
- Temporary positions will be posted for one week.
- Contact human resources for approval to post for additional time.
- Applications can be submitted until midnight of the application deadline date.
- Applications and any attached resumes can only be received electronically through eRecruit.
HR Screening of Applications
- At the end of the posting period a recruiter screens all applications against the minimum qualifications set forth in the position classification specification assigned to this position.
- An automated screening process will be used.
Interviewing and Hiring Candidates
- Before you are ready to interview your candidates, please review the Recruit Overview document. This document will guide you through the interviewing, selection and hiring process.
The PeopleSoft eRecruit hiring manager training guides below will guide you through the process of using our online recruiting tool:
- Managing Job Postings Training Guide
- Viewing Applications
- Extending Close Dates
- Statusing Candidates
- Sending Correspondences
- Creating a Job Offer
- Approving a Job Offer
- Interview Approvals