Work Authorizations

H-1B Visa Petitions

The H-1B nonimmigrant category is a temporary visa classification for professional positions known as "specialty occupations" that allows foreign workers to live and work in the U.S. initially for up to three years. The classification can be extended up to six years. The position must require at least a bachelor's degree as a minimum requirement. The candidate must also possess a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.

Before deciding to sponsor an H-1B, read the information in the links below. This information is provided so that you are informed of the different nuances of sponsoring an H-1B, as well as the legal obligations imposed by the Department of Labor (DOL) and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Permanent Residence

A visitor can become a permanent resident of the United States by using one of the following three (3) pathways: family-sponsored immigration, employment-based immigration, or public-policy/humanitarian immigration.