Congratulations on accepting your new employment opportunity at Missouri S&T!
Our Checklist for Success is a printable version of the items outlined on this page that should be completed prior to your first day and during your first week.
- Review the Benefits Overview for new employees.
- Anticipate an email from the Cindy Heck, Academic Employment Specialist, outlining:
- Your start date and time
- Where to report to work on your first date
- Information about New Employee Orientation
- Educate yourself on the benefits that UM System has to offer.
- Complete the proboarding process by following the link in your email to myHR. If an email is not received, check the spam folder. Once in myHR it will prompt you to set up a password. This username and password will be used as your single sign on for university systems. You will need to log into myHR for many reasons throughout your employment, including reporting absences, enrolling for benefits, and updating your personal information. For assistance, visit the myHR training website.
- Schedule an appointment to visit Human Resources and submit I-9 verification documents. Cindy Heck will normally be the person who sent your offer letter and who you will meet with for preboarding. Submitting your documents prior to your first day will allow us to finalize your hire in the system and get more of your equipment set up before you begin working.
- Check out campus, virtually. Go on a guided tour of some of the more popular buildings before joining us on campus.
- Create a list of questions that you have for your manager, coworkers, and direct reports about your new job.
- Understand our code. At Missouri S&T our code of conduct is designed to support our mission, vision and values. Take the time to understand the foundation S&T has been built upon and how these values have enabled us to do great things for our students, the people of Missouri and beyond.
Welcome to the Miner family!
|To introduce our new employees to the mission, vision and values of Missouri S&T and to set them up for success from their first day, all newly hired staff will attend our weekly New Employee Orientation (NEO). NEO will be held in-person in 115 Centennial Hall, 300 West 12th Street every working Monday from 8:30am to 10:30am. Staff Success Center Manager, Simone Waldon, will talk on the history of the university, campus resources, and important policies and procedures. Employees will also receive an overview of the university's health benefits from the Total Rewards Generalist, Marcia Lane.
Weekly NEO focuses on S&T's:
From your first day we want you to be feel welcomed as a part of Missouri S&T and to be prepared to start working with your team!
During your first week, you should meet with your supervisor or another member of your team to build knowledge of internal processes and performance expectations. This is also a great time to engage with your new team members!
- Obtain your parking permit before your five (5) day grace period expires. It is important to visit the Parking Lot Operations office at 205 W. 12th Street on your first day to provide the necessary details to avoid getting a ticket. You will need a photo ID, license plate number, and the name of the building you will be working in. In lieu of a parking pass, employees may utilize street parking or metered stalls. To determine what works best for you, visit the Missouri S&T Parking Lot Operations website.
- Visit the New Student Programs office in 104 Norwood Hall to get your ID card. Your picture will be taken and the card will be printed there for you. Please note that some departments may request you get your ID card prior to your first day. You will be notified by the hiring department and/or HR if that is the case.
- Learn how to fill out your timesheet by visiting the PeopleSoft HR Support website.
- Request a preferred first and/or middle name. Send an email to email@example.com with your ID number, legal name, and preferred name. Once the change is made, it will take overnight for email alias and website directory to update.
- Connect with other Miners.
- Establish an alternative email. This will not change your actual email it will only add a personalized email instead of the automatically assigned numbers and letters. Doing this makes your email appear differently and can be used for signatures and business cards however, it will not change your sign-in information.
- Explore your new space. Grab a coworker and go for a tour of your new office and building to find out where everything is located.
- Create an email signature. Marketing has lots of templates and brand resources ready to use.
During your first month at Missouri S&T, continue to learn about the university, your department and the people around you!
- Enroll in your benefits by logging onto myHR. If you do not enroll within 31 days of your hire date, you will be defaulted to employee only medical coverage in the Healthy Savings Plan. Unless you experience a Qualified Family Status event, your next opportunity to make changes to your benefits will be during the next annual enrollment, which is held in the fall.
- Complete the necessary compliance training as part of your duty to being a good university citizen, trainings include Building a Foundation: Discrimination, Prevention and Title IX, Global Cybersecurity Basics, and University of Missouri System Campus Emergency Alert Training.
- Participate in Staff Council. Meetings are open for all faculty, staff and students to attend. You do not have to be a member of Staff Council to attend their meetings or to be active in many of the committees.
- Attend Human Resources Monthly Campus Meetings. It is a great way for new employees to learn more about policies and changes to processes and stay updated on professional development opportunities.
- Access Percipio for additional professional development resources.