Work Authorizations

H-1B Visa Petitions

The H-1B nonimmigrant category is a temporary visa classification for professional positions known as specialty occupations that allows foreign workers to live and work in the U.S. for up to three years initially. The classification can be extended up to six years. The position must require at least a bachelor's degree as a minimum requirement and the candidate must also possess a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Please contact Human Resources for more information.

To initiate the process the sponsoring department needs to email Human Resources with the following information for the employee whom they are wanting to sponsor:

  • Name
  • Current email address
  • Department name
  • University title of position

Please include additional department representatives who need to be kept informed of the process as well. Once this information has been received, Human Resources will take the next steps in the process.

Permanent Residence

A visitor can become a permanent resident of the United States by using one of the following three (3) pathways: family-sponsored immigration, employment-based immigration, or public-policy/humanitarian immigration. Please contact one of our Authorized Attorneys for more information on the process to become a permanent resident.